Ed Burnette of ZDNet interviewed our own Bret Taylor, Group Product Manager for all of Google's developer products, on what people can expect from Google Developer Day.
The interview discusses a variety of points, such as:
What's on the agenda?
There are two high level categories we'll be focusing on: integration and reach.You can also hear Bret's opinions on:
Integration is how Google is exposing its infrastructure and scalable services. For example the Google Maps API and Google Data APIs. These are XML web services that let you use Google servers as a backend to your applications.
Reach means ways to empower developers to reach Google users. We have a whole lot of servers and lots of traffic. Developers want better ways to access that traffic. For example through the Google Gadgets API they can incorporate their products into the iGoogle personalized home page.
- How we are making our APIs work together
- Versioning issues with APIs
- Why we give these APIs away for free
- Thoughts on new RIA technology
- How we are involved in standards bodies
- What we are hoping to get out of Google Developer Day
- And much more